Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonDB
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense SAAS vs On-Premise bullet point comparison

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm urgently looking for a bullet point comparison in a similar style to the one below that compares Qlik Sense SAAS with On-Premise Enterprise. It's for a presentation to our directors in relation to our company upgrade.

Does anybody have one.

Many thanks, Simon

SimonDB_1-1666254224272.png

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @SimonDB ,

This might not be the chart you look for but can help you to build it.

Comparing Qlik Sense Client-Managed to Qlik Cloud ‒ Migration Center

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

This is not a very comprehensive matrix. For instance, it is missing APIs, reporting, self-service, data modeling complexity, data volumes, frequency of updates, system performance, system uptime, collaboration, extensibility ease, security (row, table, sheet, app, other), app promotion, system upgrades, stability, licensing, alerting, administration,  export capabilities, community, help system, learning mechanisms, support, personalization, ease of technology partnerships, spectrum of use case addressment, monitoring tools, etc.

Data Connectivity - with the Talend Acquisition, along with the acquisitions of Blendr and Attunity make this a strength for Qlik. 

From an Enterprise perspective, I do not encourage the use of Qlik Sense Desktop as the means to develop have evolved. Relying on software installed on a laptop is a bit antiquated. This makes maintenance of laptop systems distributed throughout the organization, harder and introduces a level of complexities that have been enveloped in online and SaaS deployments. I'm finding that an increasing number of organizations are running short-staffed. More responsibilities and fewer staff are prevalent. There are fewer people available to administer and maintain enterprise systems. Cloud helps assuage this time, knowledge, and resource demand. 

I appreciate your original post for initializing this discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @SimonDB ,

This might not be the chart you look for but can help you to build it.

Comparing Qlik Sense Client-Managed to Qlik Cloud ‒ Migration Center

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

This is not a very comprehensive matrix. For instance, it is missing APIs, reporting, self-service, data modeling complexity, data volumes, frequency of updates, system performance, system uptime, collaboration, extensibility ease, security (row, table, sheet, app, other), app promotion, system upgrades, stability, licensing, alerting, administration,  export capabilities, community, help system, learning mechanisms, support, personalization, ease of technology partnerships, spectrum of use case addressment, monitoring tools, etc.

Data Connectivity - with the Talend Acquisition, along with the acquisitions of Blendr and Attunity make this a strength for Qlik. 

From an Enterprise perspective, I do not encourage the use of Qlik Sense Desktop as the means to develop have evolved. Relying on software installed on a laptop is a bit antiquated. This makes maintenance of laptop systems distributed throughout the organization, harder and introduces a level of complexities that have been enveloped in online and SaaS deployments. I'm finding that an increasing number of organizations are running short-staffed. More responsibilities and fewer staff are prevalent. There are fewer people available to administer and maintain enterprise systems. Cloud helps assuage this time, knowledge, and resource demand. 

I appreciate your original post for initializing this discussion. Thank you!