cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

Adding License for the users in Qlik Sense

Hi, We are using Qlik Sense May 2023 latest version. Usually we will get request to add the license for the users. We have admin access. 

Below are the steps we followed till now. 

1. QMC login 

2. Navigate to User Directory connectors --> Click on specific connectors --> Then edit -- >  Then Uncheck the box of "sync user data for existing users" from USER SYNC SETTINGS.

3. Then add the below command in the Additional LDAP Filter from ADVANCED.

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(sAMAccountName=XXX)(sAMAccountName=YYY)))

The XXX user is mine, YYY user is which user need license. 

4. Then go to Task from Start and ran the particular task for the license sync. 

5. Once done, again I will navigate to User Directory connectors --> Click on specific connectors --> Then edit -- >  Then check the box of "sync user data for existing users" from USER SYNC SETTINGS and delete the command which i gave already. 

6. Then again will run the respective task. 

7. After that I will go to License management then will allocate license for the respective users. 

This is the steps we follows. 

Question

Is there any other way to adding this license ? The reason is when we follow this step for the existing users become Inactive and again if i run the task all are become active. So around 5 mins existing users loss their license. 

Please suggest. 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

Hello @balajibc64 

If you update the UDC's LDAP filter with a specific Account name and run the sync, this will mark ALL users who are not defined in the LDAP filter as "Inactive". That is expected. Then when you removed the filter and run it again against the normal AD, it marks them as Active again which is expected.

Instead of creating a filter for the specific user, you could just have them attempt to login and it will automatically create a new user that you can manually assign a license to, or you could create a rule within the License management that will automatically assign a license to the user if they meet the rules provided. IE: Any user who logins using a specific "Group" or "UserDirectory" will automatically get assigned a license.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/August2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Depl...

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @Mike_Dickson Thanks. Could you please explain about this "Instead of creating a filter for the specific user, you could just have them attempt to login and it will automatically create a new user that you can manually assign a license to".