Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muha
Contributor II
Contributor II

BMI

Hello everyone,

I am new to Qlik sense and I have problems with writing expressions. I have a table name obesity adult region and I have columns such as year, region,country sex(gender), prevalence of obesity(numeric%). I created a pie chart showing the sum of male, female and both sexes. However, I want to show in the pie chart only sum of male obesity but I cannot do it. Secondly I also want to write an expression to show the highest obese region in a bar chart.

Please kindly help.

Many thanks in advance

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Taoufiq_Zarra

Maye be you can use Set Analysis :

=count({<Sex={'MLE'}>} YOURIDICATOR)
Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉

View solution in original post

Taoufiq_Zarra

yes it will work

you can use for example

=count({<Sex={'MLE'}>} YOURIDICATOR)/count(total YOURIDICATOR)

and use '# ##0,00%' format

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

Maye be you can use Set Analysis :

=count({<Sex={'MLE'}>} YOURIDICATOR)
Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

Muha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Taoufiq,

Thank you so much, it works in my pie chart. I  tried it with bar charts and it works as well.

One more thing i  haven't tried it to may be show a particular country for example, do you thing it will work. But i will try it out anyways. Also how can i add to show percentage in the expression. Many thanks!

Taoufiq_Zarra

yes it will work

you can use for example

=count({<Sex={'MLE'}>} YOURIDICATOR)/count(total YOURIDICATOR)

and use '# ##0,00%' format

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

Muha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Taoufiq,

Thank you it works again!.

However, it is showing me numeric that is for example 1.42 instead of 1%. I believe it must be my datasets since am new in Qlik and the color is it grey or I used it  wrongly. Again many thank you, I appreciate your time and help.

Muha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

Is there any set analysis I can use to show for example I have a bar chart. I want to show a particular region for a particular year. For example showing Europe overweight for 2015? Secondly the set analysis =count ({<Sex={'MLE'}>} My Indictaor), how do I add year also to it.

Many thanks in advance.