Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dabad
Partner - Contributor III

Back Button - Qlik Sense

Hi,

I would like to create Button - Retour(Back) that will help me to go back in the previous sheet open in QLik Sense.

For example, if i have 5 sheets in my application : 

1) Test1

2) Test2

3) Test3

4) Test4

5) Test5

I have to jump from sheet Test1 to Test2, than Test4. I have to be able to come back in Test2 with button back.

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Bhuvi

Drag button from Chart section, In Appearance got to icon section, enable it and in Icon select the icon of your wish.

Then in Actions and navigation part, in navigation section select the particular option you want to go, you can even select Go to sheet option and write the sheet name you want to navigate.

N30fyte
Creator
Creator

You can create navigation buttons to take you to specific named sheets (or sheets by ID), or to the previous or next sheet in the app. But it doesn't seem that Sense tracks user navigation through sheets. 

On my machine (Win10 Pro) running Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome,  Qlik Sense Enterprise 'hijacks' the browser 'forward' and 'back' keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-right arrow and ctrl-left arrow) to take me quickly to the next or previous sheet in the app.

So to get from Sheet 4 to Sheet 2, you can click ctrl-left arrow twice. This is a bit quicker than clicking buttons, but it's not a true 'back' function.

The question was asked before here but there was no resolution beyond a suggestion that it might be possible to set variables based on sheet ids.