Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheenamarie
Contributor
Contributor

Column title changing during data upload

Hello!

I am a Graduate Assistant for a class that teaches Qlik and other data visualization software. I have a student who is uploading a data set (.xlsx file- see attachment) and he is claiming that the name of a column titled "Price" is changing on its own after he uploads it. The new name is "Rank-Price."

I am at a loss here on what is happening, because when I upload the very same data set, I do not get this error. Has anyone seen this issue before? Or could someone possibly shed some light on what is going on here?

The student has an M1 MacBook Air and is using Google Chrome to launch Qlik. I also used Google Chrome, but on a Windows machine. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's likely that the field name is being renamed in the Load Script by an "As" clause. Have the student look at the Script in the Load Script editor. If they are using Data Manager instead, they can check for a renamed field by selecting the table and looking at the column heading, 

rwunderlich_1-1657724079839.png

rwunderlich_0-1657724003160.png

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

At what point in the process is your student observing this name change? In the Data Manager screen? In the load data model? Can you get a screenshot from your student?

-Rob

sheenamarie
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Rob,

A screenshot would help, wouldn't it?! He had sent me a screenshot of something else initially, but he just sent me the screenshot of the issue, so sorry about that!

It looks like he was on the "Analyze" page and under "Fields" is where this issue is popping up.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's likely that the field name is being renamed in the Load Script by an "As" clause. Have the student look at the Script in the Load Script editor. If they are using Data Manager instead, they can check for a renamed field by selecting the table and looking at the column heading, 

rwunderlich_1-1657724079839.png

rwunderlich_0-1657724003160.png

-Rob