Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vgadang1
Partner - Contributor III

Default Filtering in Table

I am trying to set default filter in a table instead of adding filter visual/widget to filter by certain criteria. 

I have to show apps that need to be archived which have not been accessed for than 45 days. 

So my table has Column 1 app name, column 2 #of days ago app reloaded or accessed, column 3, archive yes/no. 

Column 2 measure /Last Accessed Session = interval(today(2)-daystart(max(LogTimeStamp)),'d'), this give # of days app was last accessed 

Column 3 measure Archiveapps = if([Last Accessed Session] > 45, 'yes', 'no') I tried null() as false but wont work.

Column 4 measure =if(Archiveapps = 'yes', [App Name], null())  with this measure I am trying to get null for the "no" or less than 45 days so I can set a filter out null in the dimension, but the last measure is not working. 

I tried this as well, if(match(Archiveapps, 'yes'), [App Name], null()), wont work 

Can someone help pls. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marco_Imperiale
Contributor III
Contributor III

Use an if() filter on the first dimension and use the "Show null values" unchecked:

=if([Last Accessed Session] > 45, AppName, null())

All other measures showing their own values.

Column(2) = interval(today(2)-daystart(max(LogTimeStamp)),'d')

no needings of Column(3)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marco_Imperiale
Contributor III
Contributor III

Use an if() filter on the first dimension and use the "Show null values" unchecked:

=if([Last Accessed Session] > 45, AppName, null())

All other measures showing their own values.

Column(2) = interval(today(2)-daystart(max(LogTimeStamp)),'d')

no needings of Column(3)

vgadang1
Author

@Marco_Imperiale  Thank you, that solved my problem. 

vgadang1
Author

@Marco_Imperiale  this works as a measure but not as dimension so I can filter out nulls,  how can get this to work as a dimension,  =if([Last Accessed Session] > 45, AppName, null()) 

Marco_Imperiale
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorry,
I can't understand. You can't check a null value, above all if you check the "Show Null Values" flag...