Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holymosfet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude filter from another filter

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Qlik Sense but managed to create my own Dashboard and solved all the issues I came across... so far.
The problem I'm facing now seems very simple, but (after hours of research and tutorials about Set Analysis, Alternate States and Aggregations) I still couldn't make it work so I hope maybe someone can help me out here:

I have a big table which contains customer IDs (while each ID is valid for multiple rows with attributes). I want to filter the IDs based on the attributes but I want to have the possibility to filter the IDs by the Attributes they contain and also exclude IDs based on their attributes.

My fist problem was I couldn't filter in the main list for an attribute because that would automatically remove all the other rows for the corresponding ID. I loaded the table with the relevant attributes again and connected them by ID. Now I can use the filterlist to specify IDs in the main list that contain the filtered Items.

But how can I exclude IDs in the main list that contain certain items? Given the example attached I want to display IDs in the main list that have Sneakers as shoes and I want to exlude IDs that use boots. I need the complete record of Attributes in the main list if an ID matches the filters.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

0 Replies