Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelfer90
Contributor
Contributor

Four Month Periods on Autocalendar Qlik Sense

Hi everybody,

Simple question,

I know I can get year, 3 months periods, year quarter from a date using autocalendar as I show you below.

[autoCalendar]:
DECLARE FIELD DEFINITION Tagged ('$date')
FIELDS
Dual(Year($1), YearStart($1)) AS [Year] Tagged ('$axis', '$year'),
Dual('Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),Num(Ceil(NUM(Month($1))/3),00)) AS [Quarter] Tagged ('$quarter', '$cyclic'),
Dual(Year($1)&'-Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),QuarterStart($1)) AS [YearQuarter] Tagged ('$yearquarter','$qualified'),

DERIVE FIELDS FROM FIELDS [tsContact] USING [autoCalendar] ;

But I couldn´t achieve a four months periods inside Qlik Sense.

Please anyone who knows the exact code to create 4 months periods from a date using autocalender to divide the year in three parts instead of 4.

Thank you in advance 

Labels (3)
2 Replies
MarcoWedel

If

Dual('Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),Num(Ceil(NUM(Month($1))/3),00)) AS [Quarter],

delivers quarters,  then something like

Dual('F'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/4)),Num(Ceil(NUM(Month($1))/4),00)) AS [FourMonthPeriod],

delivers four month periods, right?

MarcoWedel_0-1655398125423.png

hope this helps

Marco

angelfer90
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your reply.

I don´t specify that I also try to make the Year-FourMonthPeriod.

As you can see here I didn´t achieve it, it takes properly the fourmonthperiod, but for a reason I don´t understand it doesn´t take properly the year. 

angelfer90_1-1655714580089.png

This is the code I use to try to create the Year_FourMonthPeriod

Dual(Year($1)&'-C'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/4)),Num(Ceil(NUM(Month($1))/4),00)) AS [YearCuatrimestre] Tagged ('$YearCuatrimestre', '$qualified'),