Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brites
Contributor II
Contributor II

Help with an aggregation formula

I have been requested to develop an specific calculation and i am having a very hard time wrapping my head around the best way to do that on Qlik Sense.

I have a very large dataset with the following format:

Table 1:

WEEK STORE_NAME PRODUCT SALES STOCK
202001 A Z 10 60
202001 B Z 3 30
202002 A X 5 70
202002 C Y 2 20
202002 D X 1 5
202003 A Z 3 40
202003 B X 2 30
202003 C Y 10 60

The fields are fairly self-describing. It is important to notice that the "stock" column contains the total stock of that stock at a given week. Hence, it doesn't make sense to sum stock across weeks.

Now i wish to build a table showing the "Weeks of stock" for the latest week for each store.

"Weeks of stock" is known by calculating the stock of a given week, divided by the average sales in the past 4 weeks. To execute that I've built the following formula:

=(SUM({<WEEK={"$(=MAX(WEEK))"}>}STOCK))/  (SUM({<WEEK={">=$(=MAX(WEEK,4))"}>}[SALES])/4)

Using the Store dimension and the above formula as measure, I've built the following table with the following format and correct values.:

Table 2:

STORE LATEST_WEEKS_OF_STOCK
A 10
B 5
C 3
D 2

Now to my actual problem:

I now wish to add the 4 weeks moving average and 50 weeks moving average to table 2. I imagine i would have to build some kind of aggregation for that and use the RANGEAVG formula. But to be honest, i am completely lost on how build this formula on top of the formula i originally built.

The desired output would look like this:

STORE LATEST_WEEKS_OF_STOCK LATEST_4MA_WEEKS_OF_STOCK LATEST_50MA_WEEKS_OF_STOCK
A 10 ? ?
B 5 ? ?
C 3 ? ?
D 2 ? ?

What is a good formula to use for the LATEST_4MA_WEEKS_OF_STOCK and LATEST_50MA_WEEKS_OF_STOCK?

Labels (1)
0 Replies