Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rut
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hiding Master Items from Smart Search in Qlik Sense

In my app I have a field "My Field" which is used as part of the master item "My Master Dimension".

I want to hide the master item from the smart search while still showing the field in the results.

QS_Hide_MasterItem.png

Are there ways to achieve this? I tried tagging the master item with '$hidden' but that didn't work.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @Rut 

Why have you set it up as a Master Item if you don't want them to see it?

My understanding is you only set them up for Item that you need them to see and use

Rut
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The Master Item is used to switch between multiple fields. I want them to see the fields but would like to omit the Master Item from the Smart Search.

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Rut 

There is no much context about whether this is a published app, or what is the scenario you are attempting to configure. 

The following article is for published app, you might need to change rules if want to apply something similar a different scenario.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-control-Master-Item-access-in-a-Publi...

Hope it helps. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm