Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chbharath1
Contributor
Contributor

How to edit sheets which we do not have access to - Edit Sheet Level access?

I can view multiple sheets in production, but when I pull the app into lower environment, I am not able to view few sheets in the same app. I have modified the section access in the lower environment to be same as the production environment, but still not able to view the sheets. Can anyone suggest what I can do as I have a requirement to edit those sheets which I cannot even view in the lower environment?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @chbharath1, the sheets were hidden as per the "show condition" expression on the sheet. If you want to view those sheets, then you can do it in the editing mode.

Edit Sheets -> Sheets Dropdown.

sandeepsingh_0-1681010038972.pngsandeepsingh_1-1681010116873.png

chbharath1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am not able to do this - I cant see the sheet in edit mode as well, so cant change the hide property on the sheets. What other option do i have?

sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

If it wasn't updated on "show condition" of sheets, then you have to check the security rules. 

QMC - Security Rules. You can update or remove the security rule as per your convenience. 

sandeepsingh_1-1681102690847.png

Hania
Creator
Creator

Hii

I am  not sure but I think  you can try this .

when you give sheet level section access to user use this line of code in your script,

ADMIN, INTERNAL\sa_scheduler,*,*

and also give full access to admin.

Hope this helps,

help user find answers ! don't forget to mark  a solution that work for you and click the like button!