Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawnt21
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue importing an extension zip file

Shawnt21_0-1651851830827.jpeg

I receive this error when I try to import a zip file..

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Shawnt21 ,

Thanks for posting.

What version are you using of Qlik Sense client-managed?

Looking at the GitHub of the extension seems it was only tested with very old versions.

As mentioned by @danielrozental should definitely consider using Qlik's native objects or Qlik's dashboard bundle before importing any other extensions that will not be supported.

I also tried to import such on my Feb 2022 Qlik Sense client-manged and it has been imported successfully.

Kindly, have a look at the log and let us know if it helps to resolve it.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There are different reasons you might be getting the error. Probably checking the log file will provide more information.

Log file to check will be C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\System\YOURSERVERNAME_Service_Repository.txt

You should check if you haven't already imported that extension before as Qlik will not let you import it twice with the same name.

You should definitely consider using Qlik's native objects or Qlik's dashboard bundle before importing any other extensions that will not be supported by Qlik.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Shawnt21 ,

Thanks for posting.

What version are you using of Qlik Sense client-managed?

Looking at the GitHub of the extension seems it was only tested with very old versions.

As mentioned by @danielrozental should definitely consider using Qlik's native objects or Qlik's dashboard bundle before importing any other extensions that will not be supported.

I also tried to import such on my Feb 2022 Qlik Sense client-manged and it has been imported successfully.

Kindly, have a look at the log and let us know if it helps to resolve it.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer