Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ran
Contributor III
Contributor III

Link to folder

hi

i have QlikView model with Agreements and an image button that  when i click its open a pdf file from a folder on the network.

i looked at the settings of that image button and i saw action: URL and there is a dynamic field(filter agreement and u get the relevant pdf) 

now i am trying to build this model in QlikSense and i tried  2 things:

1. button that  navigate to "open website/email" and then website url entered the dynamic field that contain the path to the pdf folders

2.in a table i made dimension and made representation: link  link setting: add URL  and link URL : the same dynamic field.

when i click on them its not respond but if i will write regular link like qlik.com it will work and open new window

now i tried the same path as i have in the qlikview and tried to put it in the qliksense server with new path

i tried 

'//servername/field/field/field/dynamicnumber.pdf'

'field://servername/field/field/field/dynamicnumber.pdf'

and others options

in the script

i did the 'path' &[agreement number]&' .pdf' as [dynamic field]

i am starting to think mabye its not possible in QlikSense and i would love for help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! While it is possible to load local files in Qlik Sense using the "Legacy Mode", it's not possible to add a link to a local file within an object.

The workaround is to add the files to the content library instead. 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Ran Is this Folder accessible from your Qlik sense servers? 

Is this SAN enabled against path you want to open PDF?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! While it is possible to load local files in Qlik Sense using the "Legacy Mode", it's not possible to add a link to a local file within an object.

The workaround is to add the files to the content library instead. 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

If necessary, you can regularly run scripts regularly that monitor a folder and add files to the content library using API calls.

Ran
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes,1 of those path syntex i tried opened a new window but with error

"WebUI Not Found."

"Please contact Administrator"

Ran
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi daniele,

i added the pdf file to static content library  and tried to link to that path

didnt worked ☹️ the button dont respond

Ran
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

i tried again and its worked
i learned i need to do upload with the QMC to the contect and not just copy paste to the folder.

so now i can link to pdf file from that folder

thanks

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Great to know, Ran... thanks for confirming this!