Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ewa_K
Contributor
Contributor

Master Dimension used in Expression with Variable

I created Master dimension to re-group products. Then I created variable with list of my re-grouped products which I would like to use as selector. 

Lets say I have products x, z and in ma master dimension [field] its called 'y'. I have variable $vNewVariable 'y' and now I would like in the expression to add formula to show revenue if  [field]=$vNewVariable.

but ma [filed] master dimension looks inactive in expression. Is there any other way to do that?

Thanks

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @Ewa_K, thank you for posting! I'm not sure I've fully understood your case scenario but notice that only Master Measures can be used in expressions. If I misunderstood your request please, try to include more information (maybe some screenshots or a sample App). Thanks!

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @Ewa_K, thank you for posting! I'm not sure I've fully understood your case scenario but notice that only Master Measures can be used in expressions. If I misunderstood your request please, try to include more information (maybe some screenshots or a sample App). Thanks!

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.