Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Month Name in a Label Formula instead of Month Number

Spoiler

Hello,

Can someone please help me out with a solution to get the actual Month Name instead of the number?

=only({<[AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt] = {$(=Max([AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt]))}>} [AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt])&' Month '&max({<[AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt] = {$(=Max([AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt]))}>} Month_Name)&' Visits'

As my database will continue to update itself on a Monthly basis I want the formula to capture also the name of the month based on the last month available in my report.

I've tried to get the MonthName & Month directly from the Load Editor but despite the Month Name actually showing as a filter correctly ... when using it in the formula is still number 😞

Thanks in advance !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try MaxString() instead of Max() function

=Only({<[AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt] = {$(=Max([AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt]))}>} [AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt])
&
' Month '
&
MaxString({<[AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt] = {$(=Max([AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt]))}>} Month_Name)
&
' Visits'

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try MaxString() instead of Max() function

=Only({<[AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt] = {$(=Max([AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt]))}>} [AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt])
&
' Month '
&
MaxString({<[AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt] = {$(=Max([AA_DAD_M_SC.YearInt]))}>} Month_Name)
&
' Visits'
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Worked like a charm !

Many  Thanks!

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Its showing as number because its a max expression qlik assumes as a number. 

try like below

Month(MakeDate(2000, Max(Month), 1))

Lukas_S
Contributor
Contributor

Tableau can do it, Spotfire can do it, QlikView can do it. Why cant QlikSense do it ? So Awkward showing to customer he has to export it to csv to copy it -.-