Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Variables to Show

I am putting this out there into the community to pick the minds of the greats.  I am trying to find the best method to visualize my columns of data that show as each year progresses the values in the column change.  For example, in my current column I show that a product I have is still in stock during this year and for the next.  But starting in years 2-7 it will no longer be available.  What would be the best method to visualize that, and also could I use a button to adjust the years with?  Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

This kind of table is tailor-made, you´ll may need to adjust each column to give you better result. My suggestion to you is use simple Table, define dimension and number of columns that you want to show. 

Create a base date, like Current Year on variable, i.e. vCY = Year(Today())

For each column, change the formula using based date, i.e.

• Column1 = Sum({<YearField={"$(=Year(vCY)+1)"} >} ValueField)
  • Column2 = Sum({<YearField={"$(=Year(vCY)+2)"} >} ValueField)
  • Column3 = Sum({<YearField={"$(=Year(vCY)+3)"} >} ValueField)

If you create a slider or input field to change the interval that you want to show, you can control all info, i.e. showing from 1 to 3 years, change the "show column if" 

• Column1 Show column if = if(vStartYear>=1, 1,0)
  • Column2 Show column if = if(vStartYear>=2, 1,0)
  • Column3 Show column if = if(vStartYear>=3, 1,0)

Other approach is creating a rolling columns, from base date up to number of columns. In that case, you´ll need to fix the number of columns to show, like 10 or 12, and change de Current Year variable using Date Picker of Slider.

Don´t forget to change the Label for each column, showing year that value is representing.

[],

Pedro

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

This kind of table is tailor-made, you´ll may need to adjust each column to give you better result. My suggestion to you is use simple Table, define dimension and number of columns that you want to show. 

Create a base date, like Current Year on variable, i.e. vCY = Year(Today())

For each column, change the formula using based date, i.e.

• Column1 = Sum({<YearField={"$(=Year(vCY)+1)"} >} ValueField)
  • Column2 = Sum({<YearField={"$(=Year(vCY)+2)"} >} ValueField)
  • Column3 = Sum({<YearField={"$(=Year(vCY)+3)"} >} ValueField)

If you create a slider or input field to change the interval that you want to show, you can control all info, i.e. showing from 1 to 3 years, change the "show column if" 

• Column1 Show column if = if(vStartYear>=1, 1,0)
  • Column2 Show column if = if(vStartYear>=2, 1,0)
  • Column3 Show column if = if(vStartYear>=3, 1,0)

Other approach is creating a rolling columns, from base date up to number of columns. In that case, you´ll need to fix the number of columns to show, like 10 or 12, and change de Current Year variable using Date Picker of Slider.

Don´t forget to change the Label for each column, showing year that value is representing.

[],

Pedro

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@pedrobergo Thank you for giving me the groundwork for this complicated issue.  This has given me something that the customer will enjoy to have.  Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.