Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manish
Creator
Creator

Numeric search in Global Search Bar in Qlik Sense

Hi,

I have this requirement where user wants to search sometime like "Amount > 5,00,000"  Can this be done using Global Search Bar at the top? Also can you guys suggest any other way which I can create on the dashboard to fulfil this requirement of the user.

I think creating a filter of Amont Column will suffice requirement but I am not very keen on that

Many thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chirantha
Support
Support

Hello Manish,

The Global Search Bar in Qlik Sense only supports text search and does not support search operators other than quotation marks as can be seen here. However, you can use numeric search for field values with one or multiple comparisons in a single search. You can also use numeric searches to filter date fields. Please refer here for more on that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chirantha
Support
Support

Hello Manish,

The Global Search Bar in Qlik Sense only supports text search and does not support search operators other than quotation marks as can be seen here. However, you can use numeric search for field values with one or multiple comparisons in a single search. You can also use numeric searches to filter date fields. Please refer here for more on that.

Or
MVP
MVP

What would this filter select, exactly? "Amount > 5,000,000" has no meaning without context. Is it customers with this amount? Items with this amount? Countries with this amount?

Typically you would search for something like this from the dimension where you want to be filtered, e.g. the Customer or Item dimension would take a search of =Amount>5000000

If this is actually a dimension field called "Amount", you would typically just set up a filter for this field and search it directly (>5000000 without the need to specify Amount).