Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense June 2018 installation and QMC issue

Community,

New to QS server installation so would appreciate some tips on the next resolution steps. Right after the installation finished I get the view as in the attached image. The dial keeps on spinning and I will assume next to it is the QMC button to access it - always disabled. Even running the QMC/hub separately is not working - "this page cannot be displayed".

All services are running.

Any tip will be appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gents, thanks to both for taking the time to assist me. For those interested this was resolved by adding the QS service account to the Manage Auditing and Security Log local security policy. Not sure if this is supposed to be added automatically during installation (the service account was added under Log on as a Service policy) but somehow this one was not. Might be due to our internal server security restrictions.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Is there another process other than the Qlik Sense Proxy Service that's listening on port 443?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

BranchCache Hosted Cache Server (HTTP-In) on 80 and 443

Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP-In) on 443

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Qlik Sense Proxy needs port 443. Otherwise you can't open the QMC or the Hub.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Those 2 rules are listed but as it turns out both are disabled

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Firewall rules? Those don't say what is running on port 443, only what kind of traffic is allowed or denied.

Check if any process actually is listening on port 443.

What do you see when you open https://localhost/qmc in a browser and wait long enough for the browser to show something else than a blank page?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Aha, apologies!

nothing is listening on 443

Re localhost:

It take a few seconds to load the page but this is displayed:

"This page can’t be displayed

• Make sure the web address https://localhost is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

"

Gysbert_Wassenaar

So running netstat -aon | find ":443" as administrator returns no results?

Then check the log files in c:\programdata\qlik\sense\log

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

finds one listening but on 4432 but nothing on 443

I will assume i had to look under the proxy folder? if yes, audit security log says

Waiting for certificates to be installed...

so i'll do that next

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That would be Qlik Sense self-signed certificates. That should be done during the installation by the installer. It's not something you should have to do. You said the services are running. Are they still all running?