Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidney
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikSense What can i use in place of ValueList if i want to make it dynamic?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to qliksense and i was wandering what can i use in place of ValueList if i want to make it dynamic?

So what i already have is this:

=ValueList('High Energy from Home',
'Middle Energy from Home',
'Low Energy from Home',
'High Energy needed from Home but not provided',
'Low Energy needed from Home but not provided'',
'Middle Energy needed from Home but not provided');

Wich is not the best being that it's to much static i would like to make it dynamic becouse now i have a Dimension called typeEnergy wich contains the values [High, middle, low] but it might change in ythe future, so i would like to write something like this:

=ValueList( typeEnergy &' Energy from Home',
typeEnergy & 'Energy needed from Home but not provided');

I know this is not possible so i was wandering what i could use to achieve the same result.

Best Regards,

Sidney

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Gui_Approbato
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Sidney,

You could use variables and change it when necessary.

Create a variable and use it inside the Valuelist:

Valuelist('$(variable1)' , '$(variable2)' ) ..

Regards

marcus_sommer

Within the most scenarios it's better not to use a synthetic dimension especially not one which is created per valuelist() else just loading these data within the script from an inline-table or maybe externally with an Excel within an island-table.

The data could be now dynamically, it mustn't be a single field else the data could be further categorized and/or periodically sliced to consider more complex / more granular views, the querying within the expressions is easier, the dimensions are now native fields and could be applied within TOTAL and/or aggr() constructs, the logic is more readable and also visibly within the data-model and probably there are also further benefits ...

- Marcus

Sidney
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I tried using variables like this:

variable1 = typeEnergy &' Energy from Home'

and then

Valuelist('$(variable1)' )

But, in the table, it only shows the string part => 'Energy from home'

What am i doing wrong?