Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CV2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense input box how to do a keyword search without picking up words contained in other words

Hello-

I am using an input box where a user can enter a word to update a variable (vInputBox) and then a search is performed across a number of large text fields after they hit a button set to "Select values matching search criteria" to filter data based on that value.

The button value is: '*' & upper(vInputBox) & '*'

The issue I am running into is I want to search only the word provided and in the current structure, if the word provided is contained within another word, that word will also get picked up.

For example, I am looking at governement data and presently if I search the term "NATO",  records such as 'NATO RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT' appear (which is what I want), but so do records like "DISK RESONATOR" since 'NATO' is contained within the word 'RESONATOR'.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

You may adjust your search-string like:

'*' & upper(vInputBox) & ' *'

in a fixed manner or you may provide some further variables/buttons with which the user could specify if they want to look for complete terms at the start/mid/end of the strings or getting all matches.

Technically it's not very complicated but IMO it won't improve the usability else rather the opposite will happens. Better would be to train the users to apply leading/ending spaces to their search-string if they want such results.