Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v_jaideep
Creator
Creator

Restrict data in table

Hello,

I have a adhoc report in Qliksense, when users select dimensions and metrics I wanted the data in table to be restricted to only 10000 records, this 10000 should be random pick. How can I achieve this. I have tried using recno() in script and used that in conditional statement but this is taking too long to show the data. Any other approaches .

2 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

You can't do a random pick, it will use the TOP 10,000 values based on whatever the table is sorted on. 

Conditional statement is a different concept. It is used to tell the chart not to show any data unless the condition is met. So if you are trying not to show the chart unless the user has filtered data such that there are 10,000 or less rows to be seen you can use GetPossibleCount(YourPrimaryKeyFieldName) as the conditional statement

v_jaideep
Creator
Creator
Author

@Dalton_Ruer , I wanted to show the chart  if the rows are less than 10,000 based on selections, if there are more than that it should show the calculation error message. Basically I'm doing it for the adhoc report ,So based on that I have used "show column if " - SubStringCount(Concat(dim_flag, '|'), 3)  and GetPossibleCount(Fieldname) <10000, If i use above condition and select "Fieldname" it doesn't show the Fieldname in the table.

Can the GetPossibleCount() be used for each dimension in the adhoc report or it should only be based on the PrimaryKey ?