Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorting by expression not working as expected

Hello community,

I'm facing a slight problem when trying to sort by expression on a Bar Chart.

I'm using a stacked bar chart with 2 dimensions, Submitter and DateType, and 1 measure , =Count(TICKET_ID) so that it shows me the count of TICKET_ID per submitter and for each DateType. Then I want to sort the chart so that the Submitters with the highest count of TICKET_ID first.

I go to the Sorting section and sorting numerically by the measure does not work because it sorts the Submitters by getting the DateType with the highest value and then sorts the users by that.

Qlik1.png

To work around this issue I've learned that I can go to the Sorting section, disable all sorts and then go into Submitter, select Sort By Expression, and use the same expression I used in my measure, in this case =Count(TICKET_ID)

This makes it look a little bit better but there are still users in the wrong order

Qlik2.png

I've also tried some variations of the sort expression like =Rank(Count(TICKET_ID)) and Count(TOTAL TICKET_ID) but nothing seems to work.

In this case, I'm using the Vizlib chart but already tried using the Qlik Bar Chart and the same thing happens.

Do you guys and girls have any suggestions of what I can do to sort this out correctly?

Labels (4)
0 Replies