Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sum for Null values (in Fields)

Stefan29_0-1625232747388.png

Good day to you, reader

I once again hope someone can give me a hint into the right direction.

So in a QS App I need to create a KPI for working days on the department level. What I got are working days per Team as seen in the example Table 1).

I want to create a new KPI that sums up "Working days" on the Department level like in Table 2). The formula

Sum({$< [Product] = >} Total <[Department]> [KPI_Working Days])

sums up the totals for each department nicely.

Now, the problem occurs when on display I want to exclude the empty fields/Null values for the dimension "Product".  There are only working days for the not empty fields left as shown in Table 3).

What do I need to do to get to Table 4)? 

Adjusting the formula like this...

Sum({$< [Product] = >} Total [KPI_Working Days])

doesn't help. If there's no Department selected, the total of Working days for all Departments are shown. 

I hope it's kind of clear what I need.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for your support and/or suggestions.

Kind regards

Stefan

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You should try this.

Sum(Aggr(Sum(total <Department>WorkingDays),Department,Product))

Have Department, Team, and Product as Dimension and Above expression as Measure.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
avinashelite

Try like this, in script create one more column like this

If(len(trim(product)) >0,'Y','N') as Product_filter

Now in set analysis you use this new column to get the products which has value 

Sum({$< Product_filter > } Total [KPI_Working Days])

StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Kauhik,

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately this function causes problems, if there is more than one product to look at so it seems. I went another route as will be mentioned later.

Thanks again and kind regards 

Stefan

StefanE
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all contributors for your replies. To at least temporarily solve my issue I went another route. 

Since I had two formulas, that worked in different settings, I combined the two:

if(GetSelectedCount([Department]) >0,
Sum({$< [Product] = >} Total  [KPI_Working Days])

Sum({$< [Product] = >} Total <[Department]> [KPI_Working Days]))

This works for now but it won't work if I select a team, so further development is needed.

Thanks and kind regards

Stefan