Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barrp
Contributor II
Contributor II

Tooltip Date Format for a Line Chart

Hi everyone,

I have a simple line chart with date as the dimension and price (index value) as the measure.  In the tooltip however, the date is appearing as a number.  Anyone know how to format this as a date?

tooltip.png

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

You can convert you dimension to date format in the load script like " Date(your Dimension,'MM/DD/YYYY') " or any date format you want to display.

You can do it on the front-end as well, but it will treated as a  calculated dimension. As a practice, we should avoid creating calculated dimension.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

You can convert you dimension to date format in the load script like " Date(your Dimension,'MM/DD/YYYY') " or any date format you want to display.

You can do it on the front-end as well, but it will treated as a  calculated dimension. As a practice, we should avoid creating calculated dimension.

barrp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks very much.  I specified the date format in the Data Manager but it requires your formula to format correctly in my charts.