Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vgadang1
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

retention calculation

I have a userID column, date, datemonth, monthnumber, session count, I am trying to create a KPI for total retained users that accessed app (session count) last month and also accessed this month. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

as below,  not sure what values your datemonth or date field has

I would prefer creating a field with just monthstart or monthend dates to simplify the expression

,monthstart(date) as monthstartdate

and expression as below

=count( {< userID={"=sum({<monthstartdate={"$(=MonthStart(Max(date)))"}>}sessioncount)>0 AND sum({<monthstartdate={"$(=MonthStart(Max(date),-1))"}>}sessioncount)>0"} >} Distinct userID)

This expression is basically filtering userID's with session count>0 in selected/max AND prior month

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

as below,  not sure what values your datemonth or date field has

I would prefer creating a field with just monthstart or monthend dates to simplify the expression

,monthstart(date) as monthstartdate

and expression as below

=count( {< userID={"=sum({<monthstartdate={"$(=MonthStart(Max(date)))"}>}sessioncount)>0 AND sum({<monthstartdate={"$(=MonthStart(Max(date),-1))"}>}sessioncount)>0"} >} Distinct userID)

This expression is basically filtering userID's with session count>0 in selected/max AND prior month

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.