Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

table sense

Hi,

i juste created a table for visualizer my data. i don't know if is it a bug that the scrollbar is right overlaping with my number.(row AEK0101)2014-08-18_16h10_16.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Xia -

Ok - so this has been fixed to only appear (transparent scroll bar) when hovering over a cell/column that has more data, so it does not cover over the data in the cell as you have shown. You can tell that a column has more data by the overlap of the cell border and the cell data as in this screenshot. I believe this was a user experience design choice by the UI developers to avoid the unsightly scroll bar mess that plagued many older dashboards in the past. You can also use the center wheel on the mouse to scroll down when hovering over. Please note that this responsive design supports both desktop browsers as well as mobile devices, so I am sure that is the reason for this.

8-18-2014 11-28-16 AM.png

Please let me know if I have answered your question to your satisfaction and feel free to post new questions as you become more comfortable with the products.

Regards,

Mike

@mtarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi xia - that is technically by design -

In the latest build that I am using the scroll-bar ONLY appears when the mouse hovers over the scrollable cell.

let me know - if it is there on yours permanently, if so - this has been fixed in the next release due in Sept-ish.

8-18-2014 10-49-00 AM.png

8-18-2014 10-49-06 AM.png

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi mike.

yes it is permanently.

And why do you(qliktech) take this option to appear scroll bar juste when mouse move over the scrollable cell.

i think it is useful appear scrollbar permanently as we use a navigator. il there is not a scrollbar and how can i know where is end of my table.

thanks

xia

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Xia -

Ok - so this has been fixed to only appear (transparent scroll bar) when hovering over a cell/column that has more data, so it does not cover over the data in the cell as you have shown. You can tell that a column has more data by the overlap of the cell border and the cell data as in this screenshot. I believe this was a user experience design choice by the UI developers to avoid the unsightly scroll bar mess that plagued many older dashboards in the past. You can also use the center wheel on the mouse to scroll down when hovering over. Please note that this responsive design supports both desktop browsers as well as mobile devices, so I am sure that is the reason for this.

8-18-2014 11-28-16 AM.png

Please let me know if I have answered your question to your satisfaction and feel free to post new questions as you become more comfortable with the products.

Regards,

Mike

@mtarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi mike,

i understand perfectly your reasons. and i belive that team qlik always try to improve UI et create some new funtionality. i find it fantastic.

But for someone, each little change is be to disrupt thier habit. So......

best regards.

xia