Qlik Community

New to Qlik Community

Discussion board for questions on how to use Qlik Community and its features.

Announcements
This forum is for questions and information about how to use the Qlik Community.
Please do not post product related questions here.
Select the correct forum from: Qlik Product Forums
Not applicable

Calculate standard desviation in a pivot table

Hello everyone! I need to calculate the standard deviation with stdev() function in a pivot table. In the table I have the dimensions Month, Order Number, Quantities of supplies. I want to calculate the standard deviation of the quantities of supplies for the month that is appropriate for the dimension. An example:

Month Order Number Quantities of supllies     Standard Desviation

1               23839                          9                                      stdev(9, 1, 3, 5)

1               90202                          1                                       stdev(9, 1, 3, 5)

1               20293                          3                                       stdev(9, 1, 3, 5)

1               20482                          5                                       stdev(9, 1, 3, 5)

2               50607                          2                                       stdev(2, 10)

2               40693                         10                                      stdev(2, 10)

The standard desviation for moth 1 will be stdev(9, 1, 3, 5)

The standard desviation for moth 2 will be stdev(2, 10)

Thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Calculate standard desviation in a pivot table

Then try like:

Stdev( Total <Month> Aggr(count (DISTINCT [Nro. Entrega]) , Month, [Order Number]) )

7 Replies
MVP
MVP

Try:=Stdev( Total <Month> [Quantities of supllies])

Attached qvw

Not applicable

A question, the field [Quantities of suplies] in fact is another expresion:

count (DISTINCT [Nro. Entrega])

MVP
MVP

Then try like:

Stdev( Total <Month> Aggr(count (DISTINCT [Nro. Entrega]) , Month, [Order Number]) )

Not applicable

Show all in 0 zeros.

MVP
MVP

Could you share sample app with sample data?

Not applicable

Sorry, finally it worked. Thank you!!!!!

lawrenceiow
Contributor II

tresesco, I have been given a link to your answer (posted here) by Oswaldo Vasquez as he has suggested that it will help me with the problem I have with StDev, as described here: Re: Why does my Avg expression not work (I mean how do I get it to work)

I have tried modifying your answer for my problem but it does not seem to work. Would you mind taking a look at my post?

Thank you

Lawrence

Community Browser