Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Erroneus date format in Qlik Community profile

Hi guys,

I am trying to complete my profile here in the community, but as I choose the date of joining this forum - after saving- it says, that the date has an erroneus format. The format is this for today: 2015.10.21 . It is added by the system and it seems to make it throw up a red flag.

Has anyon encountered this before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and best regards

T

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try - is edit is possible - to change the value to 2015-10-21 or 10/21/2015.

It's been a while since I entered my data, not sure I've seen the problem before.

Not applicable
Author

I've tried both, but it still shows as incorrect format.....

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe  ahw‌  or @saraleslie can look into this.

P.S. Maybe this issue would be better placed at

Community Information

Not applicable
Author

You are right swuehl, I have moved the discussion to Community Information.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I try to edit my profile, this value will be formatted as 10/21/2015 at my side. I haven't tried to save it, don't want to mess up my profile.

IMHO, this value shouldn't be editable at all, but set by the system.

Have you tried leaving the field empty?

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I have tried it, then I can save it, but my goal would be to complete my profile....so I am looking for a solution to do that. I have also tried other options, like entering just a space, or using special characters, but none of them have worked so far...

I think the real problem is that the date I choose is entered by the system (I can edit it manually, but if I choose not to) it is found as erroneus by the same system, so there is a conflict. That's why this can be important for the community administrators.

Not applicable
Author

Hey guys, thanks for the eyes. I'm looking into this - it might just involve removing that field since we know when you joined anyway.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy,

could you inform us if you remove/change this field?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Certainly. I expect to have an answer tomorrow; just verifying that nothing else will break first in testing.