Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Group data on a bar chart to create an 'Others' category

HI all.

I'm a newbie on the Qlikview World, so I really need your help

I've been looking on the forums and I can't found an exact answer to my problem.

I have a bar chart and a dimension called "Values". When I selected items from "Values", they appears on the chart. My problem is that besides the selected data I need to add a new one called 'Others', that contains the summatory of the non selected data.

I found that expression

if(dimensionality(),sum({<product =e(product)>}sale),sum(sale))

With this, the selected values are not shown on the chart, only the non selected (great, I need this), but I don't know how to combine to obtain the selected data and the 'Others' in the same chart

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry for the delayed answer mate - I had my expression slightly wrong.  Instead of:

if($(vValueList) = 'Others',

sum({<characteristic_value=E()>} fact_sold_units),

sum(fact_sold_units)

)

you need:

if($(vValueList) = 'Others',

sum({<characteristic_value=E()>} fact_sold_units),

sum(IF(characteristic_value=$(vValueList),fact_sold_units))

)

See attached,hope it helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Check out Oleg T's contribution here:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/4731

Should help you.

Not applicable
Author

I has seen that thread. I tried to replicate that solution, but I only can selected one value, if I try with more than one, no values are shown :s

On that solution, this formula appears to calculate the dimension

=ValueList('$(=only(Vendor))', 'Others')

I tried modifying to

=ValueList(GetFieldSelections(characteristic_value, ','), 'Others')

but the selected values appears grouped in one line,  not in different categories.

Any ideas?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try replacing the =Only(Vendor) with =(Concat(Distinct Vendor,','))

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Or use =GetFieldSelections(Vendor,',')

Only replace the =Only(Vendor) bit - the rest should stay the same!

Not applicable
Author

I tried both options, but the categories appear group in the chart (see attached file)

Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 11.01.32 AM.png

I need that 'basket', 'outdoor', 'running' and any other selected category appears separately

Thansk in advance

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you post your app?

Not applicable
Author

Here is the file

I need to achieve the same that in the "Chart 1", but grouping all not selected "values" on a category call "Others". I try to do that on the "Chart 2".

BTW, I know that the expression on chart 2 needs to be modified, but for know I want to fix the displa y of categories on the chart

I'm using a personal version of qlikview (I don't know if this will be  a problem)

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I'm using a personal version of qlikview, so I'm not sure if this will be a problem to see my file

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Got it working.  ValueList() is very strict about what it receives and Concat() doesn't directly work.  Instead I have created a variable vValueList that builds up a ValueList() expression.  Then, in your dimension just used $(vValueList) to evaluate the expression.  This is a common approach for certain dynamic set anlaysis expressions too.  vValueListis:

='ValueList(' & Chr(39) & Concat(DISTINCT characteristic_value,Chr(39)&Chr(44)&Chr(39)) & Chr(39) & ',' & Chr(39) & 'Others' & Chr(39) & ')'

which renders to:

ValueList('Basket','Female','Futbol','Others')

which evaluates to the list.  Updated app attached.

Cheers,

Jason