Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_smith2005
Partner - Contributor III

QlikView Personal edition V11 SR9 won't allow document creation

Thanks QlikView - I was quite happily using V10 on my laptop with my save Household expenses QV document. I have now downloaded V11 and lo and behold, I am unable to load my document, or create any new ones. As an avid user of QV this is extremely annoying and disappointing. I wouldn't mind but we have 350 user licenses at work, bought and paid for, but I wanted to do some development work at home.....very disappointed if you are no longer able to create personal documents...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you can't reopen documents you just created it could be that there's a -proj folder in the folder where you saved the document. If so remove that folder.

QV11.20 will have a different license key than QV 11, so you won't be able to open the files you created with QV10 after exhausting the four recoveries. If you delete the QlikTech folders in C:\Users\MyUser\AppData you clear out all the settings and should then be at least able to use a recovery again to open and save your household expenses document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

My guess is that your previous qlikview personal installation was using a leased license. This is now gone and you'll have to reconnect to your Qlikview server to lease a license again.

....although... creating new documents should never be a problem. No idea, what's up with that tbh.

andy_smith2005
Author

thanks for replying but no leased license involved - I am working at home using personal edition - downloaded 11.2 SR9 and that removed V10 and now it is totally screwed.

andy_smith2005
Author

...and just for clarity - I can create documents but they then can't be reopened - you just get the message that you have exceeded the number of licenses and you have to but a full license. I only use this file on this laptop and I have reinstalled the software...no joy

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you can't reopen documents you just created it could be that there's a -proj folder in the folder where you saved the document. If so remove that folder.

QV11.20 will have a different license key than QV 11, so you won't be able to open the files you created with QV10 after exhausting the four recoveries. If you delete the QlikTech folders in C:\Users\MyUser\AppData you clear out all the settings and should then be at least able to use a recovery again to open and save your household expenses document.

andy_smith2005
Author

Thank you Gysbert - that resolve the issue and QlikTech are back in my good books....