Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blakeB
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reference previous month in table

Looking for help on this.

Currently using the expression: sum({<Month={'$(=max(Month))'}>} [Conversion%]) to display current month stat on dashboard (idk if this is the easiest way, open for suggestions). 

Want to condition red or green arrow based off previous month's value (if previous month>current month, red, green)

Any suggestions on how to use addmonths or above to reference the previous month, utilizing the above expression?

Using table that looks something like this:

Month     Conversion %

1/1/18           0.76

2/1/18           0.73

3/1/18           0.77

etc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Need more details to help properly but if your table looks like the one mentioned Use above function

If(above(yourexpression) > youexpression, red(), green())

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Need more details to help properly but if your table looks like the one mentioned Use above function

If(above(yourexpression) > youexpression, red(), green())

blakeB
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

utilizing the KPI to show current month total (ex.: March 77%). Then I wanted to conditional format the number or the arrow (red or green) based on whether or not previous month was more or less than current month. Example, based on the table example above, February is 73%, therefore March would be green at 77%. The expression you provided seems to have worked. I'm new to this and thought the above() function would work best.

Not sure if I'm making things harder with my original expression or not. The entire dashboard will show current month stats, mirroring directly from tables being pulled in from excel.

I just wasn't sure how to implement it. Thanks!