Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade 9 to 11 with Publisher missing schedules

I am looking for a way to bring over my v9 schedules from Publisher to my new v11 system.  I have tried the install/upgrade many times with mixed results.  When I began I had the v9 folders in \ProgramData\QlikTech and upgraded to v11 but the Access Point always had the “loading content” condition and the AP would never open.

I found and tried the .net 4.0 command although I had 4.0 installed

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe –i

I have tried using IIS over the QV Web server but still no Access Point.

So I did a clean install and with QV web server and the Access Point will start.  But with a clean install I have no v9 Publisher schedules.

I have tried the Reload Schedule Migration Tool but it says it won’t work for my v9 schedules.

I tried a clean install with only one folder in \ProgramData\QlikTech being \Publisher hoping it might find and upgrade my v9 scheduler but this did not work.

What I need is a schedule migrate tool from v9 to v11 or some good steps to go from v9 to v11 with the needed v9 folders as my complete v9 set must have some issue with the upgrade being performed.

Thanks,

Haralds

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I believe you need to move the V9 QVPR folder from it's old location -- under command center -- to it's new location in Management Service. Do this prior to starting the V11 Management and Distribution service. The Management service should find the QVPR and updgrade it to V11 format.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I believe you need to move the V9 QVPR folder from it's old location -- under command center -- to it's new location in Management Service. Do this prior to starting the V11 Management and Distribution service. The Management service should find the QVPR and updgrade it to V11 format.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

This did the trick.  While it does not follow the instructions found in QV 11 Upgrade and Migration Document I do have my schedules back.  I just added the QVPR with my V11 as is and with the QMS stopped.  Then upon start it brought forth my schedules.  When I go live I will be sure to copy the folder before the reboot right after installation.  Then I should be ok.

Thanks Rob.

-Haralds

Not applicable
Author

This did the trick.  While it does not follow the instructions found in QV 11 Upgrade and Migration Document I do have my schedules back.  I just added the QVPR with my V11 as is and with the QMS stopped.  Then upon start it brought forth my schedules.  When I go live I will be sure to copy the folder before the reboot right after installation.  Then I should be ok.

Thanks Rob.

-Haralds