Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arvindjha2050
Creator
Creator

Access Control Qliksense Desktop

Hello Team,

Can we implement restriction to sheets on Qliksense Desktop based on Qlik login details to Qliksense Desktop.

For example i create a qvf and share with someone but the other person should only be able to visualize selective sheets based on Qlik Desktop user id.

Thanks

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I dont think so its possible with Qlik Sense Desktop.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Not with desktop edition you cannot share apps that way.

Server edition and security rules would work to deliver what you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Arvind,

As of now there is no security rules available in Qlik Sense Desktop to share .qvf file with others with read only access.

However, you can place an idea for this enhancement on idea portal which can be considered upon voting in future release.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Sumit Kulkarni

newuser
Creator II
Creator II

Hi - how can I get to the enhancement portal? Also, all of a sudden in Qlik Sense Desktop, I'm finding I cannot drag-and-drop any object into my sheet. Any ideas what might be going on?

newuser
Creator II
Creator II

(Drag and drop, but nothing happens) - object looks like it's going to be placed in sheet, but doesn't end up being placed

Vegar
MVP
MVP

As people said before me and as you may read in the Qlik Sense documentation https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Introduction/compare-desktop-enter... .

Security functionality is not supported in Qlik Sense Desktop.

To be honest I don't think Qlik will add it as it is one of the selling points for the Qlik Sense Enterprise Server version, but you could try to add the suggestion here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Ideas/idb-p/qlik-sense-enterprise-ideas.