Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Access to CSS

A lot of the reports we write are for customers with brand guidelines we need to adhere to.

With sense being a HTML Front end are there plans to give users access to the underlying CSS in Qlik Sense?

I've seen in extensions you can access and modify the CSS of a chart type
but I think that would be overkill to have to rewrite a chart object just to access the formatting.

If I wanted to for example change the Chart Titles from Qlik grey to black for example.  Is there one place I can change this and if yes will we be able to upload themes to it in future.  Something like what Bootstrap have done.

61 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I was told it "slipped" not being included in the newest 3.0 version.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

What do you have under C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\ then?

Astrato.io Head of R&D
jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

There is no Qlik folder in Program Files when you install Qlik Desktop...

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Of course not. Who needs this for Desktop...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I do

The only thing I'm trying to do is : changing the default color palette for bar & line charts...

rbecher
MVP
MVP

The "only thing" is not possible..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Hello,

In previous version there was an asset script which could be used to load a given theme and access its properties. It was theme.js stored in assets/general/services/media-tool/theme.js

In 3.0 it's gone. I used that service in some of my extensions as a dependency. I understand that it was removed intentionally and I should rewrite my extensions?

Thanks

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Yes, don't depend on un-documented modules as we could remove those without warning.

Not applicable

Thanks Alexander,

Can you please advice how can I write generic custom extensions which use color palettes defined in themes? Native extensions adjust to used theme so I believe there must be easy way to adapt this mechanism in custom extension.

Not applicable

I am also in search of a good way to write styles that override the default ones. I do realize with a sheet you can make a widget that would use js to inject a <link /> in the <head /> BUT this causes FOUC (Flash of unstyled content - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), very bad for UX. I really wish there was a way to include a custom css file in the <head /> BEFORE any js is loaded.

I find the lack of this functionality a major bummer as we really desire our Qlik iframe embeds to look as part of the application and not something duck tapped onto it.

If anyone has any tricks on using CSS to override default sheet styles I would be very grateful.