Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Access to CSS

I was told it "slipped" not being included in the newest 3.0 version.

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

What do you have under C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\ then?

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

There is no Qlik folder in Program Files when you install Qlik Desktop...

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Of course not. Who needs this for Desktop...

Partner
Partner

I do

The only thing I'm trying to do is : changing the default color palette for bar & line charts...

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

The "only thing" is not possible..

Not applicable

Hello,

In previous version there was an asset script which could be used to load a given theme and access its properties. It was theme.js stored in assets/general/services/media-tool/theme.js

In 3.0 it's gone. I used that service in some of my extensions as a dependency. I understand that it was removed intentionally and I should rewrite my extensions?

Thanks

Employee
Employee

Yes, don't depend on un-documented modules as we could remove those without warning.

Not applicable

Thanks Alexander,

Can you please advice how can I write generic custom extensions which use color palettes defined in themes? Native extensions adjust to used theme so I believe there must be easy way to adapt this mechanism in custom extension.

Not applicable

I am also in search of a good way to write styles that override the default ones. I do realize with a sheet you can make a widget that would use js to inject a <link /> in the <head /> BUT this causes FOUC (Flash of unstyled content - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), very bad for UX. I really wish there was a way to include a custom css file in the <head /> BEFORE any js is loaded.

I find the lack of this functionality a major bummer as we really desire our Qlik iframe embeds to look as part of the application and not something duck tapped onto it.

If anyone has any tricks on using CSS to override default sheet styles I would be very grateful.