Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s_gallego_iberm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Access to shared folder on another machine.

I have the qliksensev server installed on two servers and I want to access a folder from server A to server B. In data connections I can not see this folder I tried to connect a network drive without success, the shared folder has not either worked.

Tengo el servidor de qliksense instalado en dos servidores y quiero acceder a una carpeta desde el servidor A al servidor B. En las conexiones de datos no puedo visualizar dicha carpeta he probado a conectar una unidad de red sin éxito , la carpeta compartida tampoco me ha funcionado.

Data connection.PNGCarpetas.PNG

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I have done that with my test environment using a folder on my production server.

I just used UNC in the data connection setup like this:

\\QSS-1\Includes\

QSS-1 is the other server and Includes is the shared folder on that server.  Works fine.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As Mark says, you can just type in the path.  Counter intuitively, you need to click to the right of where it says Computer in a box.

You can use z:\, provided the drive is mapped for the user that is running Sense as a service.  It is best not relying on this, and a UNC path is better.  In your case this will be:

\\172.24.34.81\datos\

Note that the service account running Qlik Sense server will need to be granted read rights on this share for it to work.

Hope that helps,

Steve