cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accessing Qlik Sense Hub via iphone shows Bubbles

Hi All,

I can access the my Qlik Sense hub with the url https://ip/hub through my windows machine. However, when I tried to access the same URL with my iphone. It asks for login and after login, it just keeps showing Bubbles forever.

I tried the below solution, however it didn't work for me.

Qlik Sense Hub can not be accessed via Ipad

Attached are the settings that I have applied currently in QMC - Proxy and Virtual Proxies.

Can anyone please help me on this ?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hardik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi bujnakbranislav‌,

Do you have SSL certificated signed by Trusted Authority installed and configured on your server ? If not, please try that as well. Other than this, make sure below ports are open for the communication in your VPN network firewall too.

1. Inbound Ports : 80, 443, 4241, 4242, 4243, 4244, 4248, 4432, 4444, 4747, 5050, 5151
  2. Outbound Ports : 80, 443, 4241, 4242, 4243, 4244, 4248, 4432, 4444, 4747, 5050, 4141

Best,

Hardik

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you are using windows for authentication, are you supplying DOMAIN\UserID to Qlik Sense?  And, does the user you are attempting to log in as have a token allocation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes. I'm able to login and access app with the same domain/username and password.

Also, in iphone, I can login but after that it keeps on showing bubbles.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Hi Hardik,

What version of iOS do you use? I believe the most recent version may not work yet with iPad. We also have same issues....still working on finding out the solution. Will let you know if/when we find it..

Best regards

Anton

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anton,

I'm having the same issue as Hardik,

We have IOS 8.3 on our I pads and we reach the log in screen , then it just gives us endless bubbles.

We are able to access it from the outside with a Mac Laptop, and a full windows laptop. But not the I Pad.

Most of my execs use I pads and they are a bit upset since we picked Qlik Sense over other products.

Any ideas on a fix?

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Hi Keith,

I guess we all in the same boat. I came across an article within community that someone opened a ticket with Qlik, and they're currently working on that.Just wondering, do you have the "Trusted Certificate" installed or are you using Self-serve certificate? My understanding is that the most recent IOS has its security tightened, so that unless everything is secured properly, IOS won't accepting that connection (which what you observe, you can still connect to HUB via non-IOS media).

I'll keep you posted if/when I got any updates on this.

Cheers

-Anton

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anton,

We got it to work on the IPad by opening the following ports:

And then using HTTP:
instead of HTTPS:

No luck with Android yet.

<www.kretek.com>

Keith Roos

Director Of Information Technology

Kretek International, Inc.

KeithRoos@kretek.com<mailto:%20KeithRoos@kretek.com>

www.kretek.com

Main Line: (805) 531-8888

Team Line: (805) 744-4201

Direct Line: (805) 744-4130

Fax: (805) 387-7187

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Thanks for your input, Keith.

I will try opening those ports then. For Android, I tested using Android Jelly Bean (4.2.2) and have it opened via Chrome on DELL 7.0 tablet and it's working just fine (about 3 months ago). Haven't tested yet on KitKat or Lollipop though.

Also, I noticed, on Win 8 Desktop, when I tried to open non-secure (due to using self-signed Certificate) Qlik Sense hub using the recent Chrome (about 2 weeks ago), it shows up as blank. However, when I used firefox or internet explorer, I was able to connect to Hub just fine (In case you'd like to do some testing using Android and not working using Chrome, you might get a different result using other browser)

Best regards,

Anton

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sirs, my name is Pablo (i'm a newbie with qlik sense server), I just installed Qlik sense server in a virtual machine, and i have a similar problem.

I can access it (hub) with win 7/8, with Android enviroment, but when I try access it with IOS (Last, and second last version) I've got a message who says "connection lost" , i surfed on internet and i set the configurations who people sugest, like add machine name and ip machine  to the whitelist but it doesn't work.

In other hand, I see that  some Iphones  can log in my hub, but in others i've got the error, I tried with Safari and Chrome, with Iphone 4/6 , and for the moment I can't see the conbination who makes the error. I tried uploading one document to Qlikcloud and then it works fine.

Now I was looking for the log file on my Qlik sense server, but i can't find it, perhaps it give us something to solve the problem.

Now, I don't have more ideas, please I need some help.

If somebody knows to solve the problem, i promise to send him a beer box :-))

Thanks in advanced.

P.D. excuse me for my worst english

shwetagupta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Hardik,

I know its an old post, I am struggling with the same issue. Can you please suggest anything for now. (iOS version is 9.3.5 ) Need help !!

It will be great if you will revert.