Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danialrosli94
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Activation using Signed Licensed Definition (SLD)

Hi. Greeting!

I have a problem when activating Qlik Sense Enterprise using new SLD. When I first installed Qlik Sense using SLD (with no internet), I have no problem activating. However my Delayed Sync duration has ended and I requested Qlik to extend the Delayed Sync period. I have retrieve the new SLD from Qlik Cloud services. However, when I paste the SLD in the SLK box, I received error such "error connecting to the license server". Do I need to reinstall Qlik Sense for the SLD to work or are there any workaround on this issue? Please assist me on this matter. Thank you in advance!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @danialrosli94,

Thanks for posting.

In such situation I would wonder if the license has not yet been sync as I do understand is still the same SLK. I would also try to remove some characters of the definition, hit apply and then add again the correct SLD and hit apply again.

In the worst situation instead of trying to reinstall and restore the DB I would try to drop the License DB of the PostgreSQL DB and recreate such License DB. All that having a proper snapshot of the server and backups of the QRS and all other DB you might interact with.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @danialrosli94,

Thanks for posting.

In such situation I would wonder if the license has not yet been sync as I do understand is still the same SLK. I would also try to remove some characters of the definition, hit apply and then add again the correct SLD and hit apply again.

In the worst situation instead of trying to reinstall and restore the DB I would try to drop the License DB of the PostgreSQL DB and recreate such License DB. All that having a proper snapshot of the server and backups of the QRS and all other DB you might interact with.

Cheers,

Albert

DaniMarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Albert, which characters would you try to remove? wouldn't it change the license itself?

DaniMarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Rashmi, procedure did not work. I keep getting an error message stating: There was an error when getting license information from the license service.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @DaniMarc,

Are you activating a SLK or trying with a SLD?

What version of Qlik Sense client managed are you using?

Do you see a more specific error on the Dev tools of the browser or the Qlik Sense Client Managed logs? if yes, with one?

Cheers,

Albert

DaniMarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Albert,

I am trying to activate the updated SLK to Qlik Sense August 2022 Patch 16.

Procedure worked in DEV environment but it is not working in PRODUCTION. Although not the same SLK number, it was much to my surprise the error message I got: "There was an error when getting license information from the license service". In the logs, I got:

{"audience":"","caller":"middleware.go:91","level":"info","logTraceId":"296291ba2b3f4d1ad0461e1eee772d7f","message":"http request","name":"V1LicensesDefinitionGet","req.method":"GET","req.url":"/v1/licenses/definition?privileges=true&xrfkey=cmq89du8i8Ahqzp7","res.statusCode":"403","subType":"","tenant":"","timestamp":"2024-01-17T10:59:18.8092922Z","userAgent":"nl-app-search"} {"caller":"handler.go:53","errorMessage":"invalid license error, no license found, tenant  not found","errorType":"LICENSES-ForbiddenRequest","level":"info","logTraceId":"e1f376b2425d3e623d752d51b11826ba","statusCode":403,"timestamp":"2024-01-17T10:59:28.838391Z"}

I checked the SLK in Qlik official license website. License is good to go.

After that, I tried SLD apply procedure. Also, did not work.

DaniMarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Albert_Candelario

Hello @DaniMarc,

At this stage I would recommend you contact us through our Chat, by clicking Chat Now on any Support Page across Qlik Community.

Albert_Candelario_0-1705648413302.png

So we can double check your license on our backend system.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,

Albert