Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dustin_johan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Active Directory problem

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the AD in the QMC through "Generic LDAP". As you can see in the screen, everything is correct and when I start the sync, the status is "External fetch" and after 3 or 4 minuts the status goes in "idle".

screenAD.png

After the sync, the added users are 0 and checking the logs i found these things:

qlik_adm	Started synchronizing all users for .....
qlik_adm	Started syncing users
qlik_adm	Retrieved 46726 entities from directory 'AD' of type Repository.UserDirectoryConnectors.LDAP.GenericLDAP
qlik_adm	Recursive group hierarchy discovered at CN=fff_usr,OU=tgd_Metaframe,OU=ghf,OU=SFG,DC=SFP,DC=POT,DC=MTG,DC=com in AD; breaking the chain here
qlik_adm	Recursive group hierarchy discovered at CN=fff_usr_12,OU=tgd_Metaframe,OU=ghf,OU=SFG,DC=SFP,DC=POT,DC=MTG,DC=com in AD; breaking the chain here	
qlik_adm	Database done with 0 users and 46726 groups in user directory (AD)
qlik_adm	Ended saving users in repository
qlik_adm	Finished synchronizing all users for ....

Do you know what's going on and why the QMC does not add users?

Thank in advice.

Johan

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Ask your End user to Login to Qliksense site. He might not see anything once login.

But you can find this user in QMC after he login.

Give him required access once you see that user.

Regards

ASHFAQ

dustin_johan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

I have asked them to open the site but they see a blank page with the following text

your account is inactive. contact your administrator to activate it

should I give them the License?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Now go to QMC, confirm that you see that user and give him required permission.
Do let me know Once fixed.

Regards
ASHFAQ
dustin_johan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

A small update, I tried to let a second user join though the QMC link and this is what he see:

error2.pngAfter that I gave him the professional access allocation and the acces to the streem; so he restarted the browser, opened the same link and he see "the user account is not active, contact the system administrator".

I did not configured a virtual proxy, maybe could be that thing?  Anyway the QMC recognize him but without any assigned group, while in the active directory he belongs to some groups.

Johan

ADRIANONSOUZA
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

In my case the same thing is happening. The synchronization should bring 10 users but only brings one, in the case the user who starts the service. Could someone help please.