cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert88
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add a universal "HTML Classname" field in QlikSense's Appearance panel

I love the ability to apply custom CSS via Themes in QlikSense. I've previously used this type of functionality as a quantitative user researcher using Alchemer/SurveyGizmo.

One feature that they have, that would make my life a *lot* easier is the ability to add classname(s) to sheet objects in the UI. This allows me to trivially target elements via CSS which are largely undifferentiated otherwise.

For instance, let's say that I wanted to standardize the look & feel of the About section I've added to each page of a sheet. These are Text & Image objects, but if I target on that I will also modify the appearance of all other text/image objects!

Or let's say I want to style the bars of bar charts differently for financials vs other types of data. Right now I would be limited to what is available to me in the built-in options.

I wouldn't mind if this field needed to be enabled, or better yet, appeared based on Extension configs.

Thanks

2 Replies
robert88
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please migrate to "Suggest-an-Idea", I haven't jumped through the necessary hoops to be labeled as a customer as an Enterprise user, and I don't see the value in withholding the ability to add suggestions.

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@robert88 I see you are a customer and should be able to open an idea for this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas 

Sue Macaluso