Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anishphilip
Contributor
Contributor

Add data not working for users who are not app owners

Hi All,

We recently migrated from Qlik Sense 3.0.2 to 3.2.4. After this migration the users who are not app owners and also not admins are unable to upload file( excel sheets for data) to any of the apps. But if we make that user as the app owner it works.

I suspect it as something changed with the new version for the security rules. Can anybody point what is wrong .

If its anything to do with the security rules, please let me know which rules are associated with the file upload.

Only one i could find is the attached file which comes with the Qlik rule. It says the users have read access to the attached file folder.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Reply
anishphilip
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi All,

I have found a solution for the problem. There should be some permission changes happened in the Qlik new version in compared to the older version which i was using.  This product change is not documented anywhere. So i am assuming that is the cause. I am not completely sure on that.

My solution was to create a security rule which gives the access to the Stream,app, app objects and Data connections. In the earlier version i had only File upload read access. But for the new version in the explicit rule i have created with the update permission as well.