Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmalkows
Contributor II
Contributor II

Adding Dashboard Bundle after Installation

I had installed Qlik Sense Desktop mid-year 2018 and apparently did not select the additional Dashbooard Bundle option (I wish I had).  Now I cannot seem to find a way to add the Dashboard Bundle after install.

Any help on how to do this without uninstalling would be very helpful.

Bernie Malkowski
Labels (2)
10 Replies
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Hello, please try the following steps described in this article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000059485.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The dashboard bundle was introduced in the Nov 2018 release. SInce you said you installed "mid-year 2018", sounds like you are on an earlier version?

You can either upgrade to Nov 2018 or Feb 2019 and get the visualization bundle as well. 

If for some reason you don't want to upgrade, you could probably install the latest on another machine and copy the new extensions from there.  I haven't validated that this would work.

-Rob

bmalkows
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That worked!  Thank you very much.

Bernie Malkowski
bmalkows
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for reaching out - I was able to add it with the current install by changing the Extension bundle under programs and features.

Bernie Malkowski
Ken_Thomas
Former Employee
Former Employee

Note that this technique described in Article Number:000059485  Installing and removing Qlik Sense Extension bundle  also works for adding in some of the new extensions in Feb 2019 as well. There are two main options now in Feb 2019, the Extensions Bundle and the Visualizations Bundle (which includes the new Navigation Button Extension ). 

JeffJ
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried following the instructions in  article 0059485.

However, when I click on the "Qlik Sense Extension Bundles" both the "Modify" and "Uninstall" button are grey (not available).. So I cannot install the Dashboard.  Why?

I installed Qlik Desktop(13.9.1) last week and created several reports.   I want to utilize the "Date Picker" extension.

Can someone please explain, what I need to do?

-Jeff

Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

Can you have a look into the install logs that are located on the server?

IE: C:\Users\[INSTALLER USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp and see if the Qlik_Sense_February_2019_xxxxxxx_ExtensionBundles.log is available and if there are any errors?

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
marina24
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi guys! This link does not work. Can anyone write the correct link? 

Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

Hello @marina24 ,
Are you referring the article link? If so, then it can be found https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Installing-and-removing-Qlik-Sense-Extension-bundle/ta-...

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!