Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

hahnky21
New Contributor II

Adding Multiple Conditions Into an Expression Formula

Hello,

In need of help once again   I am trying to conditionally format one column (Start Date) in multiple ways. One way (which I have an accurate formula for already) is to mark any Charter dates that are 30 days before today's date with a red background and black text.

Here is that formula:

if(getfieldselections([PCI Type])='CHARTER',

if([Plan Start Date]<Today()-30,red(200),black(50)))

I'd like to add a second condition similar to this one, except highlighting dates that are between the current date (Today) and 60 days from now (+60) with a blue background and black text. Earlier, I was able to get an accurate way to COUNT the number of dates with this criteria with this formula:

Count({ < [Plan Start Date] = {">$(=Today(1))<$(=Date(Today(1)+60))"}, [PCI Type] = {'CHARTER'}>} [PCI Type])

Here is my attempt at combining the two:

if([Plan Start Date]<Today()-30,red(200),black(50),

if({ < [Plan Start Date] = {">$(=Today(1))<$(=Date(Today(1)+60))"}},blue(200),black(50))))

What am I missing? Really appreciate any help!

Kyle

3 Replies

Re: Adding Multiple Conditions Into an Expression Formula

Are you applying as expression / BG color? Try this

if([Plan Start Date]<Today()-30,red(200),black(50),

if({ < [Plan Start Date] = {">$(=Today(1))<$(=Date(Today(1)+60))"}},blue(200),black(50))))

hahnky21
New Contributor II

Hey Anil,

Yes, this is for a Background color expression. Unfortunately, your suggestion to remove the first "black(50)" didn't work. I feel like we're right there!!

Thanks,

Kyle

Would you able to share sample?

Community Browser