Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding Users to Qlik Sense Server

I am still fairly new to Qlik Sense, and haven't even launched to our users yet. I am attempting to set up some users on the Servers Local AD, which seems to be what Qlik Sense refers tof or login credentials when and end user reaches the site. Now the first test user I created did sync to QMC under users without any User Directory Connector or anything, so I assume it would always pull users from the AD as default. Not the case apparently, I have created other users in the same fashion in the AD and none of them are syncing to the QMC users. I am not sure how I got the first one to work but not the others but I need to continue to add new users for use in QMC. Has anyone else had a similar issue or have a clue on how I can have my AD users sync properly?

Thanks,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Justin,

After creating the users, users need to try entering Hub to appear in QMC, as far as I remember.

It is non-intuitive but a known issue. Will change in near future hopefully.

BR

Serhan

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Justin,

It's likely the user showed up in the users list because an attempt and or successful login to Qlik Sense.  As you create users in the server's local directory, the easiest way to get them added is to set up a user access rule or login access rule for the userdirectory = to the name of the server.

localmach.png

Alternatively, you can add a user directory connector for the local machine (choose local network) and that should bring the users in when you click the sync button when you uncheck the sync after first login.

localdir.png

Here is a video from the New to Qlik Sense Section you can check out.

Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

Jeff G

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Justin,

After creating the users, users need to try entering Hub to appear in QMC, as far as I remember.

It is non-intuitive but a known issue. Will change in near future hopefully.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the responses guys. I had tried the UDC option but that was not working well for me. Turns out the simple solution Serhan suggested works! Simply try signing in with the new user, it fails to let you in because there would be no Token assigned to the user, but it does then place the AD user into the QMC user area. A little tedious when creating many users, but at least it works.

Thanks,

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Happy to be right but sorry to see what we found out during Beta still did not change though.

BR

Serhan

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

uncheck at user sync settings the option. in Qlik Sense 1.0 it calls only sync extisting users, in Qlik Sense 1.1 i don't remember, but you have to uncheck. Then all users from your AD (local or in domain) are sync to your Qlik Sense

regowins
Creator II
Creator II

This sounds counter intuitive but unchecking sync worked..Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think this should be accepted as an answer in the enterprise setting and exactly what i was looking for.