cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jothi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Adding/editing/Deleting Rows in Qliksense tables

Is it possible to modify/removed specific rows from any of the tables? Or is it possible to append new rows to an existing table?

My source system might have new records added everyday. How do i bring in these new data into Qlik sense without having to reload the entire dataset?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Jothi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, I am not able to understand what is happening here. 

Is my understanding below correct?

The first time when I load my data into the qlik app, I would be populating data to the QVD via the store or buffer command. Later while releoad, the data with the qvd will be compared with the Data from the data source(SQLserver in my case) and the QVD will be updated. And then Qlik would load data from the QVD? 

Is this how it works? Is there any documentation on these lines? I am unable to understand who/how the QVD will get the incremental updates.

Or
MVP
MVP

That's the basics of how it works - you save the data to a QVD and then you update that QVD and (ideally) only pull the changes from the DB. There's any number of approaches, and the one you pick depends on how your data behaves. If data only needs to be appended, this is fairly easy. If data might be updated but there's a field telling you it has been updated, that's still pretty easy. However, if data might be deleted entirely or there are changes which don't set some sort of Last Update Time field, this is more complex.

If you search this space (or Google) for Qlik Incremental Upload you should be able to find plenty of examples in addition to the ones contained in the documentation.