Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding space between text(white space) in text/Image chart

Hello everyone,

Well I'm pretty new to Qlik, but i never imagined i would ask help about this .

So i want to add additional spacing (white space) between text in text/image chart, but anything i  tried was a bust. Any help or guidance are welcome .

21 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you upload a small sample QVW or at least a screen shot that shows your current issue?

Not applicable
Author

Here is first picture in edit mode in qlik sense (this is how i would like it to be)

Spacing is gone after i click done:

All i want to do is to adjust space between words and/or measures, as it looks very cramped with only 1 white space in between. Having multiple text charts is not an option.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I see what you are talking about. The text & image object seems to remove all 'unnecessary' white spaces.

Maybe mto‌ can give us a hint?

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator

HI,

Try this

="Current Year:   " &'                    ' & your measure

Not applicable
Author

Gouthamkk, it is a text object, and any symbols i put will be present, apart from additional white spaces .So i tried to apply you solution putting that into measure.

Result, nada

Not applicable
Author

Some really strange behaviour.....

Playing around, tried:

='Count:    ' & <measure>

no spaces

='Count: _ ' & <measure>

no spaces, but underscore

='Count: _ _' & <measure>

no spaces, no underscores ?!

='Count: _ _ _ ' & <measure>

no spaces, two underscores!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - thanks for all the replies to help out Oredeas - let me take a look and I will get back to you.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ordeas,

Let me know if you like this work-around:

I used two objects - 1 for the text and 1 for the measure - I set both responsive modes to NONE:

And sized them as so:

I attached a sample .qvf too. Please copy .qvf file to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop with F5

I will report this to PM, but I am aware that we are improving  the behavior to allow more finer control and styling in future releases.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael. Never know this options is available in Qliksense.