cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksasidhars
Creator
Creator

Adding users to Qliksense

So far I'm asking users to hit the Hub and then I'll go find users to provide access to the Qlik sense environment

Is this the way to assign access on Qlik sense or we can find the userId and provide the access to the documents?

Appreciate yur suggestions on this please

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Sasidar -  the user directory sync should be logged under the c:\programdata\Qlik\QlikView\Log\Repository  folder   in the logs named as follows:  <server>_UserManagement_Repository_<timestamp>.log

A sync entry for the connection above will appear like this:

18  20140826T164606.846-0400  DEBUG  QTARCHLABUS04  UserManagement.Repository.Repository.Users.SyncUsersWorker  6040  76011ce5-2006-42f8-ad1f-5a8066f0579f  QTSEL\svc-msi  Started syncing users from directory 'DEMOUSERS' of type <Repository.UserDirectoryConnectors.ODBC.ODBC> (wrapped in SafeUserDirectoryConnector)  76011ce5-2006-42f8-ad1f-5a8066f0579f

are you seeing anything ?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

With a User Directory Connector you can do a bulk import. Just remember to uncheck 'sync only existing users'. Then all the users will be in Qlik Sense QMC... and you can assign licensing and any other permissions to see the streams.

Also in the content of Qlik Sense community there is a short video on how to do this to help you out.

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Jonathan, appreciate your advise.. started the external fetch to see all users.

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan - I removed sync existing users and tried but the status shows as External fetch and after couple of hrs also I don't see any new users. Is there something that I'm missing to extract all users from our ADs? Please let me know any thoughts on this

thanks!!

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Sasidar -  the user directory sync should be logged under the c:\programdata\Qlik\QlikView\Log\Repository  folder   in the logs named as follows:  <server>_UserManagement_Repository_<timestamp>.log

A sync entry for the connection above will appear like this:

18  20140826T164606.846-0400  DEBUG  QTARCHLABUS04  UserManagement.Repository.Repository.Users.SyncUsersWorker  6040  76011ce5-2006-42f8-ad1f-5a8066f0579f  QTSEL\svc-msi  Started syncing users from directory 'DEMOUSERS' of type <Repository.UserDirectoryConnectors.ODBC.ODBC> (wrapped in SafeUserDirectoryConnector)  76011ce5-2006-42f8-ad1f-5a8066f0579f

are you seeing anything ?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI Sasidhar - in addition to what Jonathan has provided - have you seen this series of videos that can help with your exact need?

New to Qlik Sense Platform Videos

Specifically:

Qlik Management Console

Qlik Management Console Introduction / Apps - Part 1

Qlik Management Console - Streams - Part 2

Qlik Management Console Token Licensing / Login Access Pass – Part 3

Qlik Management Console License and Operations Monitor - Part 4

Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

These may also be helpful to you and answer additional questions.

Please let us know and mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team knows that your question has been answered and to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Awesome Mike - I'll check these videos.

Thank you!!

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Users loaded from first AD and while trying to select the 2nd AD, Somehow it seems that the External fetch status goes to Idle automatically, this is the reason I'm unable to see all the active users

Have you ever seen such issues while dealing with multiple AD's at a time?

Thank you!!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sasidhar - I'll have our resident security expert check it out.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
tanvi_madan1
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Michael,

I was able to created directory in qlik sense using user directory connector via (ODBC) but i am not able to sync the users , its shows external fetch and after some time it becomes idle.

Any solution ??

Please help

Regards,

Tanvi Madan