cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adhoc report in QlikSense

Hi All,

I am aware of QS OOB functionality in building Adhoc reports / chart by end users with the usage of Master Items.

However, I'm in a need of building Adhoc report in Qlik Sense with following conditions

1. Create Master Items using script (Read Attributes & Metrics from a file) or any third party tool with grouping by tag names

2. Build a compatibility matrix between Attributes & Metrics through script, use case is as below.

Though we build association between tables in QS app, all the attributes & metrics may not be compatible when we use them in to a single report. this matrix will help us in validating those situations.

3. Validate compatibility between attributes & metrics dragged into a report.

If a user has selected few attributes & metrics and created a report, due to few attributes combination, the report which he/she has created showing wrong output. To enable user about those wrong combinations, we need to have a validation method.

I would like to know with all the above conditions, is there any way (extensions / API's etc) to build this functionality in Qlik Sense

Got some info on doing #1 & #2 , but #3 is becoming challenging as this requires identifying columns used in the report & validate if they are valid combinations.

Your suggestions are more helpful.

Thanks

Chenna

1 Reply
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

Have you checked out the extension - Climber Report on Branch: Qlik Branch

Also of interest to you:

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/57655702febb2ca54e7149d2

Qlik Branch

-GW