Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewToQlik
Creator
Creator

Aggr() in filter pane

Hi all,

I have used set analysis as a replacement for alternate states.

I have '%GPA1' ,'%GPA2' filter panes, and 1 'Pillar' filter pane. I want to only allow available 'Pillar' filter selections according to the 2 GPA ranges chosen.

'GPACONCAT' is in my parent table, and '%GPA'(1-2) are my 2 GPA range filter panes. The expression below is for my GPA filter pane. I have tried this expression below, but it only aggregates the 'Pillar' from the second GPA range.

=Aggr(Only({$<GPACONCAT = P(%GPA1) , GPACONCAT=P(%GPA2)>} [Pillar]),[Pillar])

What is the correct expression that aggregates both '$<GPACONCAT = P(%GPA1)' and 'GPACONCAT=P(%GPA2)>'?

Note: I did not link the '%GPA' fields to the 'GPACONCAT' table, as the users would like to set 2 different ranges.

Much help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

=Aggr(Only({$<GPACONCAT = P(%GPA1)+P(%GPA2)>} [Pillar]),[Pillar])

or

=Aggr(Only({$<GPACONCAT = P(%GPA1)*P(%GPA2)>} [Pillar]),[Pillar])

I believe it should be the first one, but I am not sure if you need the intersection of %GPA1 and %GPA2 (Second expression) or if it is either or (First expression)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

=Aggr(Only({$<GPACONCAT = P(%GPA1)+P(%GPA2)>} [Pillar]),[Pillar])

or

=Aggr(Only({$<GPACONCAT = P(%GPA1)*P(%GPA2)>} [Pillar]),[Pillar])

I believe it should be the first one, but I am not sure if you need the intersection of %GPA1 and %GPA2 (Second expression) or if it is either or (First expression)

NewToQlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much! The first expression works for me.

NewToQlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Actually with the first expression, I would have to filter both %GPA1 and %GPA2 to show the available 'Pillar' filters.

Can I just filter %GPA1 to see the available 'Pillar' filters for %GPA1, and then  when I filter %GPA1 and %GPA2 together, I can see the available 'Pillar' filters for both?

sunny_talwar

Wong Dehou wrote:

Actually with the first expression, I would have to filter both %GPA1 and %GPA2 to show the available 'Pillar' filters.

This should not be the case... would you be able to share a sample to show this issue?

NewToQlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Currently I have 8 different GPA ranges, so the fields are from %GPA1 to %GPA8. I also used a gender filter instead. Here is the attached sample file. Thank you very much.

NewToQlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny, have you found any solution?

sunny_talwar

Sorry to not respond earlier. I was looking through your app on sense desktop, but you seem to be using some vizlib extension. I don't really have a way to use them. I was not able to get anywhere. Let me try them on the server version of the sense that I have at work and get back to you.

NewToQlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Oh man, I realised I forgot to remove the vizlib extensions. They are just buttons to other sheets, but I forgot to remove them when preparing the sample qvf file. Please ignore the buttons, and once again thank you very much.