Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikSensor
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Aggregating a dimension

Hi,

I have two datasets loaded into QlikSense and need to aggregate a dimension in different scenarios:

First of all my datasets:

First Dataset contains the Field Inventory per Plant and Product-Family

Second Dataset contains Failures of different products. Each product is mapped to a Product-Family and a Plant

1. scenario: QlikSense is configured to show only certain products, nevertheless, in this scenario I want to aggregate the Field Inventory of all Plants of this Product-Family regardless whether my second dataset contains data of all Plants.

2. scenario: One has explicitly filtered a certain plant. In this case only the filed inventory shall be aggregated of the explicitly filtered Plants

How can I achieve this? Using the typical "sum" aggregation, even with "total" aggregates only those Plants which are currently viewed...

2 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi

sum(value) gives you the sum of the selected values, aggregated on the dimension of your chart (also a table chart is a chart).

sum (total value) gives you the sum of the selected values but for all dimension in total

sum (total <matrialno> value) gives you the sum of the slected values, but for each material the total sum, undependend for other dimension eg plant

sum ({<plant=>} value) gives you the sum of the selected values except selections in field plant

Regards

QlikSensor
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I searched the Qlik manual and found some information about this. I would need something like this:

sum ({1<Plant={$}>} [Field Inventory])

But the $ in the {} brackets doesn't work. I would need the current direct selection of Plant.